Explore the Tasman's Great Taste Trail
and stay in Tasman halfway between Mapua (10km) and Motueka (10km)
Stay and Rest
- just 1.2km off the trail, close to Tasman Village
- Spacious, charming, self-contained apartment/unit/suite in a historic apple growers homestead, sleeps 2 people (+ 2 additional guests in the lounge), minimum stay 2 nights, from 130$/n(2p), +$20extra person, seasonal pricing see (link)
suits best bikers who visit without a car: 25$/pp/pn includes:
- free dinner-shuttle to Mapua or Motueka (drop off ca 6pm, pick-up ca 9 or 10pm)
- start-the-day kit: milk, coffee, tea, toast, butter, jam, fruit, yogurt, oats
- carport for the bikes, hose for cleaning
- laundry/washing (but no dryer)
Biker's Break Day (1):
Guided Winery Tours
Have a break from biking and explore the famous Nelson Wineries with a sober driver Michael (in your own car).
4 to 5 hours afternoon tour through the Nelson region from Riwaka to Mahana/Upper Moutere and Waimea Plains, including a lunch at one of the wineries or at Rimu Bar in Mapua, from $270/tour +incidentials.
Tours can be arranged individually to your wishes. And there is still time for the morning bike tour to Kina Peninsula and a swim at Kina Beach!
Biker's Break Day (2):
Play Golf at Tasman Golf Course
Probably one of the most scenic Golf Courses in the world! For just $25 Green Fee per day, you can play as many times you want the stunning 9 holes hilly golf course.
Club hire is $15pp, trundler $3. Club hire needs to be booked a day in advance. Tasman Golf Course Kina
enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 022-3892240